Propane Cylinder Exchange Driver
The primary function is driving to customer locations, loading and unloading propane and completing associated paperwork. Exposure to dust, fumes, and high noise levels. Required to drive occasionally in hazardous conditions, including weather, roadside stops and construction sites. Compliance with all DOT, Company and Safety Policies, procedures and practices. Possess CDL with proper endorsements.
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Company policies, procedures, and practices, including Safety Rules and Regulations
- Delivers product as instructed by Transportation Manager
- Performs general maintenance on truck during shift, including but not limited to:checking oil and fuel levels. Completes Pre-Trip/Post-Trip procedure and ensures fire extinguisher and truck permit paperwork are on/in the truck
- Provides friendly, courteous, and professional service to customers
- Keeps Transportation Manager informed of any potential customer issues, complaints, spills, leaks, incidents, accidents or injuries
- Completes work as assigned by Manager. Completes route as assigned in an efficient and safe manner
- Informs Maintenance of any vehicle problems
- Ensures truck and cab are cleaned daily
- Informs Transportation Manager and Logistics Team Leader immediately of any DOT fines, citations, or other relevant issues
- Possess a CDL B license, with proper endorsements and medical card
- Minimum of one (1) year experience driving a large truck
- Physically capable of using equipment to load and unload Bobtail
- Physically capable to participate in Heavy lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, carrying hoses weighing up to 50 lbs
- Experienced driving in snow, ice, and other hazardous weather conditions
- Provide at least three (3) current job references
- Able to withstand exposure to dust, fumes, and high noise levels
- Able to communicate effectively in order to take instructions from Transportation Managers, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be competent at math to verify quantities and volumes.
- Must be able to read and understand road signs, instructions, routes and other paperwork
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen test
- Communication of consumer safety information
- Primarily outside work
- Able to drive for long periods of time
- Physically challenging position
- Frequent stress related work due to transportation delivery logistics and responding to customer issues/concerns
- May be required to work alternative shift, long hours, or on weekends and work additional assigned loads in compliance with DOT regulations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Webster and Garner
Webster and Garner is a family-owned, community-based business. We’ve been serving mid-Michigan consumers and businesses since 1921. Through the years, we’ve grown to meet the changing needs of our customers, always maintaining the highest standards of quality and service. We’ve built our reputation and our business on honesty and integrity, and we’re proud to say that our customers reward us with their loyalty. Webster and Garner employs 55 people at our Clio branch and 5 people at our Houghton Lake branch.
Company Website: www.webstergarner.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)