The primary function is driving a tankwagon to customer locations, loading and unloading bulk fuels, fleet fuel loading, and completing associated paperwork. Exposure to dust, fumes, and high noise levels. Required to drive occasionally in hazardous conditions, including weather, roadside stops, construction sites and quarries. Compliance with all DOT, Company and Safety Policies, procedures and practices. Possess CDL with proper endorsements.
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Company policies, procedures, and practices, including Safety Rules and Regulations
- Ensures truck is loaded with correct fuels for each drop location
- Delivers products in correct quantities as instructed by Transportation Manager
- Completes documentation consisting of Bills of Lading (BOL), Inventory, DVCR's (Pre and Post Trips), Tankwagon Activity Report, Orders, and Fuel Ticket copies.Ensures fuel tickets match orders
- Performs general maintenance on truck during shift, including but not limited to:checking oil and fuel levels. Completes Pre-Trip/Post-Trip procedure and ensures spill kit, fire extinguisher, and truck permit paperwork are on/in the truck
- Provides friendly, courteous, and professional service to customersincluding obtaining and providing information amounts of fuel delivered
- Keeps Transportation Manager/Logistics Team Leaders informed of any potential customer issues, complaints, spills, leaks, incidents, accidents or injuries
- Completes work as assigned by Transportation Managers.Completes route as assigned in an efficient and safe manner
- Informs Maintenance of any vehicle problem/s
- Ensures truck and cab are cleaned daily
- Informs Transportation Manager and Logistics Team Leader immediately of any DOT fines, citations, or other relevant issues
- Possess a CDL B license, with proper endorsements and medical card
- Minimum of one (1) year experience driving large truck
- Physically capable of using equipment to load and unload transport tankwagons, including pulling hoses and climbing onto equipment, up to 12 feet above ground
- Physically capable to participate in Heavy lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, carrying hoses/nuzzles weighing up to 50 lbs
- Experienced driving in snow, ice, and other hazardous weather conditions and roadside stops, construction sites and quarries.
- Provide at least three (3) current job references
- Able to withstand exposure to dust, fumes, and high noise levels
- Able to communicate effectively in order to take instructions from Transportation Manager/s, Logistics Team Leaders, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be competent at math to verify quantities and volumes.
- Must be able to read and understand road signs, instructions, routes and other paperwork
- Demonstrate patience during load/wait times/traffic
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen test
- Experience as a tankwagon driver is preferred
- Ability to operate transport trucks is preferred
- Primarily outside work, driving large fuel vehicle
- Able to drive for long periods of time
- Physically challenging position with climbing on/off truck and fueling
- Frequent stress related work due to transportation delivery logistics and responding to customer issues/concerns
- May be required to work alternative shift, long hours, or on weekends and work additional assigned loads in compliance with DOT regulations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Webster and Garner
Webster and Garner is a family-owned, community-based business. We’ve been serving mid-Michigan consumers and businesses since 1921. Through the years, we’ve grown to meet the changing needs of our customers, always maintaining the highest standards of quality and service. We’ve built our reputation and our business on honesty and integrity, and we’re proud to say that our customers reward us with their loyalty. Webster and Garner employs 55 people at our Clio branch and 5 people at our Houghton Lake branch.
Company Website: www.webstergarner.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)